Community Partners Award
For community organisations (charities, schools, community groups, social enterprises) in Greater London that have created strategic partnerships with businesses for the benefit of Greater London . The Award recognises good practice and innovation by community organisations by working with businesses and in facilitating their involvement in the community. It celebrates ways in which effective partnerships are built and maintained so that the benefits of corporate involvement are maximised.
- For community organisations, schools, charities or social enterprises in Greater London
- Your organisation has partnered with a medium sized business to help deliver a highly successful education programme
- Applications can focus on either a single partnership or a wide ranging business engagement
Judges will be looking for innovative and effective ways of working with businesses or public bodies that:
- Engage and manage corporate interest
- Build and maintain relationships through effective communications and relationship management
- Engage, manage and support employee volunteers in a range of different roles
- Evaluate the value of the partnership and ways in which it can be strengthened
- Have an eye to the future when the level of corporate involvement may change
Community Organisations can apply themselves, or nominations are welcome from businesses or public bodies. In this category there will also be the opportunity for a small and a larger community organisation to be recognised.
Social enterprises are only eligible to apply for the Community Partners Award since, unlike a traditional business, their community engagement work is an extension of their core activities.